Ecotourism with Nexus means visiting fragile, pristine, and undisturbed natural areas in Palestine such as Battir (near Bethlehem), UNESCO World Heritage Site. We offer:
- Guided tours and interpretation services
- Delicious meals
- Accommodations in guesthouses
We offer a low-impact and small scale alternative to standard commercial mass tourism. We cause minimal damage to the biological and cultural environments and promote a better understanding of the natural and cultural history of an area.
Contact us for more details and reservation:
email@example.com | +972 (0) 598844002
Learn more about Battir and its hill landscape – farmed valleys (widian) with characteristic stone terraces and an ancient irrigation systems – on the UNESCO website.
Walk and cook your lunch in Battir
NEXUS Resilient Sustainability in cooperation with Al Burj Restaurant & Farm invites you Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, to join us for an hour walk on a beautiful trail that mixes history, politics, archaeology, and agriculture in Battir town and its ancient terraces. You will get the opportunity to see the villagers’ agricultural practices in action and have the chance to pick some wild herbs, like Sumac, for yourself.
Following the short walk, Al Burj Restaurant & Farm will introduce a fresh and seasonal drink and you will then get a chance to cook your own simple two-course lunch: first a dish of tomatoes, with onions, garlic, green pepper cooked local olive oil and a dish of eggplant with Tahina both prepared on a natural fire which will also be used to bake the freshly prepared bread to eat with and the coffee or tea to follow.
The program costs 200 shekels for participants joining us, the meeting point will be Jacir Palace Intercontinental Hotel – Bethlehem
The fees cover transportation from the meeting point to Battier and back, lunch, and the guide.
You will have the chance to stay in Battier overnight if you wish: watch the sunset, camp around a bonfire at the farm, enjoy a BBQ dinner and wake up to see the sunrise the next morning and enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast. This will cost an additional 200 shekels which covers the camping gear, dinner, and breakfast.
- Meeting time and points:
- Jacir Palace Intercontinental Hotel Bethlehem at 8:30 AM.
- If interested, confirm by registering
- Do not confirm if you are not sure that you will participate, because once you confirm your participation, you will be expected to pay the total fees for the hike.
- Safety requirements – You
are required to:
– Be able to hike and have a good level of fitness
– Wear good/comfortable non-slippery hiking shoes, a hat, and sunblock,
– Bring some fruits and/or energy snack bars, a sandwich, and a minimum 2- 3 liters of water
– Have a back-pack for your things and a hiking pole is recommended
– Wear something appropriate for the culture of the communities
- Walking trails may change due to urgent circumstances or if requested
- Our walks may be canceled or postponed or rescheduled due to the
weather, safety hazards, and/or number of the participants
Please note that you are responsible for your own health, safety and belongings, your confirmation to join the hike is also approved to all the terms written
For registration https://forms.gle/dGxDbRj8cDBE39f1A
For further information
firstname.lastname@example.org or at 0598844002